CAMBRIDGE A LEVELS
Cambridge Advanced courses are typically for students aged 16-19 who are preparing for advanced study at university or higher education institutes. At Northfields, students may follow up their IGCSE examinations with further courses with Cambridge International Examinations (CAIE) at the following levels:
Advanced Subsidiary Level (AS) Advanced Level (A)
CAIE is an internationally recognised examination body offering programmes and qualifications which ‘set the global standard for international education’. The programmes created by CAIE enable schools and teachers to develop learners who are equipped for success in the modern world by having an international outlook without cultural bias. A strong platform is provided for learners to progress from one stage to the next. Schools are well supported by teaching and learning resources.
CAIE have developed a learner profile which is at the heart of all their programmes:
The CAIE curriculum at Northfields International School is intended to build on learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills in.
- in depth subject content
- independent thinking’
- applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
- handling and evaluating different types of information source
- thinking logically and presenting ordered and coherent arguments
- making judgements, recommendations and decisions
- presenting reasoned explanations, understanding them clearly and logically
- working and communicating in English