Language development is a large part of toddlerhood as children learn to name the objects around them and verbally express their needs. Toddler confidence builds as they gain greater skill and experience with expressing themselves. Some Language Activities:-
- Naming facial features and body parts
- Phonic sound and objects
- Phonic sound and pictures
- Matching alphabet symbols
- Telling a story with pictures
- Learning the phonetic alphabet
Northfields also incorporates French into its curriculum, giving toddlers exposure to more than one language during this key period of language development.